Saturday, October 16, 2010

October S'now Weekend to be Outdoors

Well, talk about strange weekends and strange people - who decide to dismantle their deck roof using only 2 people and then moving it down to the back yard where it will become the floor of the Japanese pavilion.
As if this wasn't difficult and dangerous enough we did it during a snow, sleet, gale blizard - so when I wasn't freezing with the winds howling through and the white stuff whipping around my eyes, the sun would come out for brief moments warming me up until the next heavy cloud of snow came over and the winds started up again - making it very difficult to concentrate on watching James on a chair using the chainsaw to cut sections of the deck roof free so that we ended up with a 3 metre by 4 metre section.
This we had to get down to ground level without breaking anything or killing ourselves and then we had to tip it on its long side and then slide down three sets of steps, through the trees and then drop into the place where it will become the floor of our new Japanese style pavilion.

In the process of all that I had a paver drop on my foot, the beam smack me in the cheek - so I turned then other cheek and got slapped by the beam in that one too. I later got whacked in the arm by the handle of the screen door slamming shut from the gale that was blowing. I fell over on my arse trying to slide the roof section up off the front deck onto the driveway. At least James found that one amusing.

Cheers,

Marieanne

No comments:

Post a Comment