Saturday, October 16, 2010

Hodson Weekend Shopping

The weather was so bad that we decided to go shopping down at Penrith where the weather was warm and the sky was clear. James had spent several weekends eyeing off now DVD recorders as ours isn't working too well and Harvey Norman was having a special so I gave in and let the salesman talk us into a duel recorder which means that we can record two channels at the same time while watching a third channel. We also bought some digital cables that we were assured would help boost the digital signal.

Of course, as you would expect, James spent several hours trying to tune his new toy into the TV only to come across - you guessed it - PROBLEMS - I swear new technology was designed to frustrate the hell out of people as I haven't ever come across a piece of new machinery that worked perfectly the first time!
The scariest moments was when James went up on the roof to try and tweak the aerial but that didn't have much of an effect, except he did manage to get one TV channel tuned in. I decided to save my sanity by setting up this Hodson family blog - can get so much more on a blog that on Facebook and it's so much more reader and user friendly AND Free! Unfortunately, I ran into a few technical hitches of my own. The 3G network is down again and so have to use the 2G network which is so slow that I can't upload my photos onto my new blog.

A christmas tree.Image via Wikipedia











The best part of my weekend was going into the Christmas store in Myers. Each year James and I pick out a special bauble for our Christmas tree.  This year they have some really lovely glass baubles out for a change, it was really hard picking just one! I can't believe it's just 11 weeks until Christmas already!

Enhanced by Zemanta


















Cheers,
Marieanne 

1 comment: