Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Melbourne Cup

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - NOVEMBER 02:  Gerald Mo...Image by Getty Images via @daylifeI started my day as usual until I got a call from James around lunchtime reminding me that it was Melbourne Cup Tuesday - I couldn't believe it!

Here I was at home alone on another cup day and I didn't even know what horses were running or what time the race was on. So, not wanting to miss out on all the fun I decided to place a bet online. It was a slow process because my internet just started to play up again and so had a very slow connection.

However, after a bit of fiddling around, it only took me 20 minutes to set up an online account with Tabcorp and I was ready to place my bets. I put in a deposit of $20.00 (yes, I'm a big punter) and then headed over to check out the form sheets.

James was interested in Americain and some other horse he couldn't remember the name of and because all the sweeps at his work had been filled up, I had to place a bet for him as well. So after much deliberation I finally got it down to a choice of 4 horses - 2 for James and 2 for me. I didn't even have the jockey colours either - which is one of my usual selection tools.



For James I placed a $5 bet on So You Think for a win and $5 bet on Americain for a place. For me, I placed a $5 bet on Descarado for a win and $5 on Manighar for a place.


Well from $20 we got back a return of $18.00. Unfortunately, I don't know much about placing bets otherwise I would have put a two way bet on all four and probably would've had a bigger jackpot. But we just do it for the fun not to win big!

At least I'm all set for next year's race now if I'm home alone again!

Here's cheers to everyone who had a win as well!

Oh, and here are two of my favourite morning TV show hosts at the big race - looking very chic!




Well it's back to work for me as my internet has decided to start working properly again! The joys of living outside a regional area.

Cheers,

Marieanne


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment